- Born 1943 Cedar City Utah
- Baptized as a child, Aaronic Priesthood as a youth, Melchizedek Priesthood as a young adult
- Missionary to the Southern Far East Mission, 1963-1966
- Married Connie Lingmann, Salt Lake Temple, 1967; five children
- BA in Accounting and MA in Accounting from BYU, 1969
- CPA for Price Waterhouse, later in the Utah office; CEO & Chairman of
the Board of Price Waterhouse Coopers in China
- Elders Quorum President, Bishop, High Councilor, SP's Counselor, District President, Church Sservice Missionary
- President of the Taiwan Taichung Mission, Interim President of the Taiwan Kaohsiung Mission,
- Second Quorum of the Seventy, 2008-present
Elder Kent D. Watson was sustained a member of the Second Quorum of the Seventy
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 5, 2008, at age 64. At the time of his
call, he had been serving as the membership clerk of the Cedarview Ward. He is currently serving
as a counselor in the Asia Area Presidency.
Elder Watson graduated from Brigham Young University in 1969. After graduation,
he worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers (formerly Price Waterhouse) as a CPA. In 1998, he became
the Chairman and CEO of PricewaterhouseCoopers, China.
Elder Watson has served in a number of Church callings including full-time
missionary in the Southern Far East Mission, elders quorum president, bishop, stake president's
counselor, Scoutmaster, president of the Taiwan Taichung Mission, district president, branch
president, interim president of the Taiwan Kaohsiung Mission, high councilor, Church-service
missionary, and membership clerk.
Kent Dee Watson was born in Cedar City, Utah, on May 8, 1943. He married
Connie Lingmann in August 1967. They are the parents of five children.
Elder Watson continues to serve at this posting.
"General Authorities: Elder Kent D. Watson," Church Web Site (Principal Source)
"Called to Seventy," Church News Archives, 12 April 2008
"The Sustaining of Church Officers," The Ensign, May 2008
"Elder Kent D. Watson," Church News Archives, 2 August 2008
"Following path of righteous examples," Church News Archives, 2 August 2008