- Born 1961, Vila Real, Portugal
- Missionary in the Portugal Lisbon Mission.
- Degrees in Accounting and Business Management
- Married Maria Filomena Lopes Teles Griloin the Bern Switzerland Temple in 1984; three children.
- District President, Bishop's Counselor, High Councilor, SP Counselor, Stake President.
- Area Seventy from 1996 to 2005
- President of the Brazil São Paulo South Mission from 2005 to 2008
- First Quorum of the Seventy, 2008-present
Elder José Teixeira was sustained a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 5, 2008, at age 47. At the time of his
call, he had been serving as the president of the Brazil São Paulo South Mission. He served as a
member of the Third Quorum of the Seventy, Europe West Area, from 1997 to 2005. He is currently
serving as president of the Europe Area Presidency.
Elder Teixeira received a degree in accounting and business management.
Prior to his call as a mission president, he was an International Controller for The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with responsibility for Europe and Africa. In this capacity,
he managed the Europe/Africa processing center in Solihull, England, and supervised the
controllers in the Europe East, Europe Central, Europe West, Africa Southeast, and Africa West Areas.
Elder Teixeira has served in a number of Church callings, including full-time
missionary in the Portugal Lisbon Mission, elders quorum president, district president, stake
president's counselor, high priests group leader, bishop's counselor, high councilor, stake
president, Area Seventy, and mission president.
José Augusto Teixeira da Silva was born in Vila Real, Portugal, on February
24, 1961. He married Maria Filomena Lopes Teles Grilo in June 1984. They are the parents of three
"General Authoritiews: Elder José A. Teixeira,"
http://www.lds.org/church/leader/jose-a-teixeira?lang=eng (Primary Source)
"Elder Jose A. Teixeira, Quorums of the Seventy," Church News, April 5, 2009