- Born 1945, Glendale, California
- Baptized as a child; Aaronic Priesthood as a youth, Melchizedek Priesthood as a young adult
- Missionary to the Eastern Atlantic States Mission (1965-1967)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, BYU; Juris Doctorate from UCLA; Master's degree in tax law New York University Law School.
- Married Kathryn Saporiti, 1968, Los Angeles California Temple; Parents of six children
- Attorney, most recently at Callister & Callister
- President of Verdigo Hills Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Stake Mission President, Temple Ordinance Worker, Bishop, Stake President and counselor, Regional Representative, Area Seventy
- President of Canada Toronto East Mission (2005-2008)
- Second Quorum of the Seventy, 2008 - 2011
- First Quorum of the Seventy, 2011 - present
- Presidency of the Seventy, 2011 - present
Elder Tad Richards Callister, newly sustained to the Presidency of the Seventy
and member of the First Quorum of the Seventy, explains that one of the Brethren's goals is bringing
about "real growth" in the Church. "That entails more and more people not just coming to sacrament
meeting but also partaking of the sacrament, receiving the ordinances the Church offers, and
keeping their covenants," he said.
Desiring to help local Church leaders in that effort, Elder Callister is grateful
that the Lord has given him opportunities to serve in many callings. "Having walked in the shoes of the
very people I'm now working with-stake presidents and bishops and elders quorum presidents-hopefully
makes me more sensitive to and aware of what their needs are," he explained.
Elder Callister has served as a full-time missionary in the Eastern Atlantic
States Mission, elders quorum president, stake mission president, stake president's counselor, bishop,
stake president, regional representative, Area Seventy, Canada Toronto East Mission president (2005-08),
and was serving as President of the Pacific Area when called to the Presidency of the Seventy.
Born to Reed and Norinne Callister in December 1945, in Glendale, California, USA,
Elder Callister received a degree in accounting from Brigham Young University in 1968. He graduated
from law school at the University of California Los Angeles in 1971. In 1972 he earned an LLM (master's)
degree in tax law from New York University. From 1972 to 2005 he practiced law, and he has written books
about the Atonement and the Apostasy and the Restoration.
He married Kathryn Louise Saporiti in December 1968 in the Los Angeles California
Temple. They have six children.
Elder Callister has recognized the Lord's hand in his life. "The Savior's love is
so overwhelming that I think that He and our Father in Heaven are anxiously waiting to bless us at the
slightest good we do, because that's Their nature."
Elder Callister continues to serve at this posting.
"Elder Tad R. Callister", Liahona, Nov. 2011
"Elder Tad R. Callister of the Seventy", Liahona, May 2008
"Elder Tad R. Callister", Church News 2008-07-26 XXX
Deseret News Church Almanac (Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret News, 2011) p. 72
Joseph Walker, "Leadership changes announced", Deseret News, 2011-10-01
"General Authorities: Elder Tad R. Callister", lds.org