- Born 1945, Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan
- Baptized 1962; Melchizedek Priesthood as a young adult
- Missionary, Northern Far East Mission
- Married Shiroko Momose 1970, sealed a week later in Salt Lake Temple; four children
- Attended Kanagawa University for two years, majoring in foreign trading
- Real Estate Manager/ Construction Manager for Church; Sales Chief at Nippon Sangyo Trading Co. Ltd.; Senior Sales Manager at Young Living Japan Co. Ltd.
- Branch President, Bishop's Counselor, High Councilor, Mission President's Counselor, Stake President, Mission President, Sealer, Bishop, Regional Representative, Area Seventy
- President of the Japan Sendai Mission
- Second Quorum of the Seventy, 2009 - present
Elder Koichi Aoyagi was sustained a member of the Second Quorum of the
Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 4, 2009, at age 64. At the time
of his call, he had been serving as a member of the Eighth Quorum of the Seventy in the Asia North Area.
Elder Aoyagi attended Kanagawa University for
two years majoring in foreign trading. He received a real estate license from the Japan Real Estate
Academy. After receiving his license, he worked for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a
real estate manager and a construction manager in the Asia North Area office in Tokyo, Japan. He also
worked as an assistant recorder in the Tokyo Japan Temple. In addition to working for the Church, he
worked as a sales chief at Nippon Sangyo Trading Co. Ltd. and senior sales manager at Young Living
Japan Co. Ltd. Currently, he is retired.
Since joining the Church in 1962, Elder Aoyagi has served in numerous Church
callings, including full-time missionary in the Northern Far East Mission, ward Sunday School teacher,
branch president, bishop's counselor, high councilor, mission president's counselor, stake president,
mission president, high priests group leader, sealer, bishop, regional representative, president of the
Tokyo Japan Missionary Training Center, and Area Seventy.
Koichi Aoyagi was born in Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan, on March 24, 1945. He married
Shiroko Momose in September 1970. They are the parents of four children and grandparents of ten
grandchildren. Elder and Sister Aoyagi reside in Chiba-ken, Japan.
General Authorities: Elder Koichi Aoyagi; Church web site
"Koichi Aoyagi," Church News, May 30, 2009
Selected Discourses and Writings